Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to join the team at Carolina to explore and invent the latest innovations in game-based learning. Offered by the School of Education and MEITE (M.A. in Educational Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship), this course engages learners in quests personalized to their interests and goals in game-based learning.
Highlights of the course:
- Quest on topics such as:
- Serious games
- Gamification of learning
- Latest AR & VR apps in GBL
- Situated learning in immersive simulations and virtual worlds
- Using commercial games for learning
- E-sports programs on campus
- Livestream in Twitch for learning
- Roleplay and storyline in GBL curriculum
- Issues in game culture and opportunities for developing digital citizenship
- International speaker series of CEOs, game-designers, teachers, students, and researchers who are developing the latest GBL innovations.
- Opportunities to collaborate and build on our Minecraft server throughout the semester.
- Invent your own GBL innovation (if you don’t have an idea, don’t worry, we’ll guide you!)
This course is open to grads and undergrads (EDUC 390-005 and EDUC 790-003) is available on campus (blended) or fully online for grad, and starts August 22nd. For more information, please contact Dr. Lisa Dawley, email@example.com